Thursday, July 10, 2008

50 Wishes for My 50th Birthday

My 50th Birthday is Friday, July 11 and I'm assembling a wish list, including:

1. Good health and the continued good health of my loved ones

2. A spa date at the Ritz-Carlton in Key Biscayne

3. Financial security

4. Lower gas prices

5. More funding for public transportation and education


6. Sailing lessons and a sailboat


7. Peace & forgiveness from anyone I've upset, angered, annoyed, hurt...


8. Daily yoga classes with my favorite trainers


9. World peace


10. Hot, sweet Cuban coffee with cream every morning: A cortadito!


11. Time to see every game, play or after-school event featuring my children


12. Season tickets to Miami Heat games


13. Enough time and discipline to answer all comments on my blog --Time to write more posts and articles


14. Funds to pay back my parents for all of the support they have given to me and my children over the years.


15. More time to resume my (MFA) graduate-degree studies


16. Makeup/cosmetics without preservatives and other harmful chemicals


17. An afternoon with Toni Morrison, Angela Davis and Oprah


18. Great sales for my book: The Frugal Duchess: How to Live Well & Save.


19. Enough money to fund parenting workshops for teenage mothers


20. A new battery for my laptop


21. A complete collection of Sex and the City -- I just started watching that HBO series


22. A copy of every movie adapted from a Jane Austen novel


23. To be debt-free


24. Defensive driving lessons and the courage to finally start driving


25. A trust fund to launch a national billboard campaign in support of public transportation


26. A financial planning session with Warren Buffett


27. My own Frugal Duchess show on YouTube.


28. Teflon skin


29. Enough money to adopt or support at least five more children.


30. A weekly facial date.


31. To become very skilled at giving myself a french manicure


32. To be a better speller and proof-reader


33. To be more patient with myself and others


34. To allocate 10 minutes a day for meditation, no matter how busy


35. To become a third-degree black belt in karate


36. Te get seven hours of sleep each night


37. To keep my house neater


38. To take a cruise to Alaska


39. To let go of anger, depression and fear


40. To invest in stress-reduction classes


41. To be better about sending out thank-you notes


42. To be completely honest with myself


43. To be better and quicker at detecting the big and small lies I tell myself


44. To be kinder to others


45. To eat ice cream every day without worrying about my weight


46. To have more children in my life.


47. To be more appreciative.


48. To bake my own bread and eat only organic food.


49. To learn a few ballroom dances




______________



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Didn't know you were that young though ;)

Good luck on all your wishes, especially meeting Oprah. If you can get her to endorse your book, that's 2 birds with one stone!

Lance said...

Happy Birthday!!

What a wonderful list. Boy, if you could get all of those, that would be awesome (and not only for you)!

Anonymous said...

Hope all your wishes come true! Happy birthday!

Father Sez said...

Happy Birthday, Duchess.

You have not listed the 5,000 things you are grateful that you already have.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sharon!!! I hope all of your wishes come true :)

SingleGuyMoney said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Sorry I missed it.

Hellen said...

Wow, those are brilliant and great birthday wishlist. Happy Birthday!