Friday, June 01, 2007

How I Fixed My Burnt Soup

I'm not much in the kitchen, but I make awesome soups. Today, however, I burnt the soup that I was making for a sick neighbor. Here's how I repaired the soup.

1. Stop stirring. I didn't want to stir the burnt bottom into the rest of the soup.

2. Switch pots, thereby leaving the burnt portion on the bottom.

3. I added lots of garlic, mustard and vinegar.

4. Diluted the broth with more water and tomato sauce.

5. Tossed in a large peeled potato. I let the potato cook in for a bit in order to remove the smoky flavor. When I removed the potato, my soup was less smoky. The potato absorbed the burnt flavor.

6. Renamed my soup. It's now smoky corn and tomato soup.


The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store

Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues
Frugal Comic Book Connection

No comments: