"Jessica "The Bod" Biel takes a four-legged friend for a low-key walk in Los Angeles." --Us Magazine
I walk about one mile daily, sometimes more. Here are 10 reasons why I enjoy walking:
- I don't need to buy fancy or expensive equipment. (I buy great athletic shoes on sale. My Reeboks, for example, were purchased at a BOGO-half off sale at Macy's. )
- No gym needed.
- Walking fits into small time slots of the day.
- I can walk and accomplish other tasks and errands. The Post Office is a half-mile from my home. Buying stamps is an easy way to log in a mile.
- Walking is meditative.
- Walking is the cheapest form of transportation.
- A stroll is good for the heart and easy on the joints.
- I can walk alone or in groups.
- It's a fun exercise to do with kids.
- I don't need to enroll in a class, watch a tape or hire a personal trainer.
The Frugal Duchess Booktique
The Frugal Duchess of Beauty Store
Book Shop of Fear
The Poetry & Drama Queen
Frugal Jazz & Blues