Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Advice for Britney Spears: Go Frugal; Cover Your Assets & Learn from JLo

I'm not a Britney Spears fan but I actually feel sorry for the Pop Star Diva. Pundits use the word "train wreck," when they write about Spears. And her party-girl rep has become a bottom-line liability. She was "punted" from an opportunity to perform at the Super Bowl, according to this report.

Currently the lucrative celebrity deals are being ironed out in the casting for an all-star NFL Network promo to air during the Feb. 4th football finale.

"She's too much of a train wreck," says the unnamed Daily News source said to be an "insider." "Besides, we already have Paris Hilton." One trainwreck of a blonde is enough for the NFL. Source: Stone Martindale Jan 16, 2007 -- Monstersandcritics.com


A lifestyle makeover would help Spears repair her career and her earning power. I recommend a downsized life and a frugal makeover.

1. Ask Jennifer Lopez for tips. For a while, I was a professional JLo watcher. For a contract, I hung out in Miami where JLo lived, shopped, and even got her hair done. I even went to a movie theater hours after she arrived to get info. This was in the height of the JLo and Ben Affleck uproar & and tips about JLo were worth a lot of money to me.

JLo was hiding. But it was always easy to find her. Just look for the bright lights, the long line of black SUVs with tinted windows. Look for the large posse of people and the catering trucks, the florist, etc.

But then she got smart and my job became harder. By downsizing and cutting down on the perks and privileges of her big-ticket life, JLo saved money and acquired more privacy & sanity. So Britney: Lose the party posse & the nightlife.

And if you come to Florida to watch the super bowl; skip the clubs and go out to eat alone at an early-bird special.

2. Crunch your own numbers: Hey Girl: No matter how many financial gurus watch over your accounts, at the end of the day it's your money and it's your life. You have to brush your own teeth and watch your own money.

3. Check out the Festival of Under 30 Finances, which features financial advice from bloggers that are in your age group. They're pretty savvy with attitude.

4. Take care of the kids. Fine tune the college savings plans and trust fund accounts for your babies: I assume you have those investments in place. But consider saving more. Believe me, time flies and money evaporates. Lock it all up now.

5. Don't worry you'll be 30 soon. My 20-something years don't compare to yours, but I had some stupid days also. Keep the faith: You'll get older and smarter.

6. Find you mouse ears: My 20s were tough, but I really liked the little girl I was. Go back to Disney and have some fun!

7. Go to Victoria's Secret's January Sale: Undergarments (winking) are super cheap. Almost pennies on the dollar. So cover your Assets. Enough said.






Digg!

The Frugal Duchess Boutique

No comments: