Friday, October 21, 2005

Frugal, But Quality Deal-of-the-Week

So how does a former spendthrift and an addictive shopper like me get therapy? Honey, you gotta re-direct that energy.

In the spirit of reformation, I use my shopping skills to save money for my family. This week, I've done well. Cheap prices and great quality!

For example, my husband needed shampoo. We had lots and lots of hair conditioner products, (an absolute must for curly, wavy, nappy-happy hair!) But we were running low on shampoo.

I went to Walgreens and purchased White Rain shampoo for $1.00. I had a coupon for $1-off, but the savings only applied to two bottles. So I picked up a bottle of conditioner, also $1. Bottom line: two bottles of hair products for 50 cents each. Not bad.

And the White Rain conditioner actually worked well on my hair. I was pleasantly surprised. Shocked. I'm a snob about hair conditioners.

Of course, while I was at Walgreens, I couldn't resist the special on water. Three cases of bottled water for $8 (less than 18 cents a bottle.)

I wasn't thinking about Hurricane Wilma. It was Sunday and Wilma was still in Bedrock. Now that the Hurricane is approaching Southern Florida, where I live, I'm glad that we have the extra water.

I hoping that Wilma blows away out to sea, where it'll disappear and not harm anyone. That's my prayer. That's my Wrap!


ciao!


No comments: